Save Money Now
Here at D23Magic we want to help you make the most of your Disney experience. We have come up with 10 great ways to help you save money on your next trip.
1. Airfare – There are three services we would like to suggest when purchasing your airfare. The first is Bing located here: Bing.com. Bing offers a great tool that predicts the price if its time to buy or wait. Expedia is one of the leading travel sites for discount airfare. Finally we have Trip Advisor. Trip Advisor is one of the best websites to read other travelers feedback and suggestions.
2. Trip Length – Plan your trip to ideally be at least 6 days long. Disney World has set their pricing structure such that you get the greatest benefit at about 6 days. The tickets are one of the most expensive parts of your trip and choosing 6 days will help you maximize your value for ticket purchases. We will use a Park Hopper with no water parks as our example. If you take a look at the ticket prices you will notice that the first 4 days ($320.00 and set to rise) are the most expensive. Anything after the 4th day is approximately $8.00 more each additional day. A 6 day ticket will cost you $335.00 at Walt Disney World.
Learning about ticket prices is great but how do you save even more on tickets? We have a solution. The trusted name in attraction tickets is Undercover Tourist. Your ticket prices using Undercover Tourist would be 299.95 for a 4 day Park Hopper and $311.95 for a 6 day. Also consider purchasing your tickets ahead of time to offset any price changes in the future and break up the expense over time.
3. Special Offers – Continue to review the Disney Special Offers section located here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/.
4. Magical Express – If you are flying, use the MCO airport and take advantage of the Magical Express service. This service can save you well over a hundred dollars or more by not needing to get a Car Rental or pay for a limo shuttle service. Their is nothing better then bringing your luggage to the airport and it ending up in your room like magic.
5. Magic Your Way Base Tickets – Buy 6 or more day Magic Your Way Base Ticket. Stick to the Base tickets and avoid the temptation to purchase the $50 per person Park Hopper add-on. Even though we used it as an example above if you have a tight budget this is a feature that you can do without. Although the Park Hopper certainly does have its benefits, if you are on a tight budget and do a good job of planning out your trip ahead of time, the Park Hopper is not necessary. Saving $50/person here and there can really add up over the course of a trip. Remember that with a Base Ticket you can still come and go to the same park multiple times during the same day.
6. Parks – Stick to the 4 main parks to avoid the “extra expenses”. There are more activities in the 4 main parks than you can do in one week’s time. In order to minimize costs, skip the Water Parks, Miniature Golf, Bicycle and Watercraft Rentals and all of the extra expense activities that you can do at Disney World. If you want to get beyond the parks visit the Boardwalk or Downtown Disney.
7. Disney Dining Plan – If you have young children under 9 most definitely consider one of the Disney Dining Plan options. The fee for children is one of the best deals that you can get at Disney World. If your children are older, and you are concerned about the expense of the regular Dining Plan, you can also consider the Quick Service Dining plan where you get 2 Counter Service Meals plus 2 snacks per day plus a refillable mug. You can also utilize your snack credits to buy breakfast items like muffins and danish to further reduce your food expenditures. For up to date prices Dining Plan prices Click Here
8. Souvenirs – Set an allowance for souvenirs and impulse purchases ahead of time. Determine your budget for those types of items before your trip and make sure that you and the kids stick to it. Buy glow sticks, toys, fans and gifts before you go. You can purchase all kinds of Disney products at The Disney Store. Buy them ahead of time and research the prices and give them to your kids when you get to the park they will never know the difference.
9. Drive – Gas prices are slowly moving back down since the all time highs a couple of months ago. If you have 4 people in your group flying could easily cost $1000. It might take a little longer then flying but the saving is considerable. If your car is not up to a trip like that Expedia Car Rentals have some great prices with unlimited miles. Just make sure to check if there are any restrictions on where you can drive.
10. Finally Subscribe to D23Magic for Free – Click Here to get automatically updated from Google Feedburner. If you like our tips we provided you will love the future of D23Magic. We are going to try and give you the most up to date information with lots of new features in the future.
We hope these tips help you with your next Disney Vacation. Remember to Click Here to “like” us on Facebook and have a magical day.