Walt Disney World Vacation Tips. With four major theme parks – Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom – a Walt Disney World vacation can be complex and costly: all the more reason to plan carefully to make sure you have the best possible time. D23Magic wants to help by providing you with the most information possible. Below we break our tips into two categories, The Planning Stage and Inside The Park.
The Planning Stage
1. Disney Tickets – Understand your ticket options. In a previous post we provide a complete guide to understanding Disney Tickets.
2. Ride Refurbishments and Closures – Before departure check out ride refurbishments and closures to keep everyone happy. If your child has a favorite attraction, make sure it isn’t closed for maintenance.
3. Pick Your Time of Year. – You need to balance four main factors: crowds, heat, park hours, and special events. During busy times, parks stay open late and you may find extra parades and fireworks. View Walt Disney World 2010 Events and Calendar Guide
Inside The Park
1. Baby Swap (adult swap) – First, parents and kid(s) all line-up together; Parent A rides first with any older kids, while Parent B stays to one side with baby or under-height kids; once the ride is over, the parents change places, and again one parent rides while the other one waits.
2. Stay at a Disney Resort – When you stay onsite at a Disney Resort its easy to go to the park of your choice very early. When the day starts to get hot take a break and return to your resort; than return to the parks in the evening.
3. Advanced Disney Restaurants – Make advanced dining reservations for restaurant meals. It’s easy, it’s free, and usually entails no commitment — yet you get seated quickly instead of waiting in line.
1. Stay Cool – Walt Disney World Resort, On a crowded hot day in the Magic Kingdom we always use this quick hint to stay cool. When you enter the park stay to your left, instead of walking down Main Street fighting the crowd enter the first store and continue walking through all of the stores on the left hand side until you exit directly in front of Cinderella Castle. This tip might not seem like much now, when you have strollers and its hot the air conditioned stores and lack of crowd will put a smile on your face.