Disney’s Grand Floridian Spa will close its doors September 19, 2011 for renovation and reconstruction. It is scheduled to reopen 18 months later, in the spring of 2013. Rumor has it that the construction project at the Grand Floridian will be the newest addition to the Disney Vacation Club.
Guests who wouldn’t dream of a Disney vacation without visiting a world-class spa can still book treatments at the Spa at the Saratoga Springs Resort.
Fort Wilderness – Kennel Sign
There are two Hidden Mickeys on the FW Kennel sign. They are underneath the word “Club”, one on the left and one on the right. They are in the scrollwork.
- Fort Wilderness – Kennel Sign
- Fort Wilderness – Kennel Sign – MOUSEovers
- Fort Wilderness – Kennel Sign Closeup
- Fort Wilderness – Kennel Sign Closeup – MOUSEovers
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is a themed camping resort within Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida. The site officially opened on November 19, 1971.
Fort Wilderness is designed with a rustic theme with tree-lined winding roads which loop around to the various regions. Part of the resort is filled with campsites, where visitors with tents or recreational vehicles can stay. The remainder of the lodging area is filled with cabins, which are designed to look like log cabins.
- Opening Date: November 19, 1971
- Resort Area: Magic Kingdom
- Resort Category: Campground
- Address: 4510 N Ft Wilderness Trail Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
- Phone: (407) 824-2900
- Fax: (407) 824-3508
Disney’s All-Star Movies is located on the southern portion of the Walt Disney World property, and has a Disney Movie theme. Like all Disney Value resorts, the property is decorated with giant Disney film icons such as the Fantasia Pool; a “Mighty Ducks” themed Duck Pond Pool; Herbie, The Love Bug, puppies from “Disney’s One Hundred and One Dalmatians” and some of the residents of Andy’s Room from Disney’s Toy Story. Like the other value resorts, the All-Star Movies has a large food court and poolside bar. Most rooms are available with two double beds. A limited number of rooms with king-size beds are also available. Disabled accessible rooms are available. Irons, ironing boards, cribs and hair dryers, and in-room safes are in each room.
- Opening Date: January 15, 1999 with the Mighty Ducks and 101 Dalmations buildings, March 1 1999 with Fantasia and The Love Bug buildings, and finally April 15 1999 with the Toy Story buildings.
- Construction Began: November 1992
- Acreage: 62 acres
- Resort Area: Animal Kingdom
- Resort Category: Value
- Address: 1991 W. Buena Vista Dr., Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
- Phone: (407) 939-7000
- Fax: (407) 939-7111
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort is a New England nautical-themed resort. First opened on November 5, 1990, it is one of several Epcot Area Resorts. Disney’s Yacht Club is located next to a sister resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and across Crescent Lake from Disney’s BoardWalk Resort.
- Opening Date: November 5, 1990
- Resort Area: Epcot
- Resort Category: Deluxe
- Address: 1700 EPCOT Resorts Boulevard Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
- Phone: (407) 934-7000
- Fax: (407) 934-3850