There has been lots of chatter regarding the “Next Gen” technology being added to Walt Disney World. This new rumor could be some of it. This information has not been confirmed by Disney and is still considered a rumor.
Pirates Experience in Adventureland
This seems to be another RFID based experience located entirely in Adventureland. Multiple RFID “triggers’ throughout the land will produce multiple physical effects that appear more elaborate than those found in Kim Possible/Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure. The plans seem to indicate very specific elements such as the following: Click To Continue
A Russian Disneyland may appear in the Kaliningrad Region, the westernmost region of Russia. The idea of laying out a modern amusement park in the Amber Land has been supported by Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.
This Disneyland will be the second in Europe if it opens near Kaliningrad. So far there is only one park like this in the Old World. It opened near Paris in1992. The French Disneyland is visited by over 18mln people annually. The very first park with this name was laid out in 1955 in American California. It became the embodiment of Walt Disney’s idea of a park giving life to the world of animated cartoons and fairy-tales. At present, Tokyo and Hong Kong also have Disneylands. The largest Disneyland outside the USA is being built in Shanghai on an area of 67 hectares. It is planned to open in 2016.
No official word has been released yet but stay tuned if this is true we will be one of the first to let you know.
You can Click Here to read more about this subject from The Voice of Russia
Confirmed Character Changes:
- DAK’s Good Times Gathering Spot is home to an interactive character experience this summer; June 13th-August 7th, 10:00a-3:00p daily.
- Power Rangers are leaving DHS on August 8th.
- Vidia is going to start making appearances at Pixie Hollow in August.
- Duffy the Disney Bear is going to start making appearances at Epcot in September.
Rumored Character Changes:
- Rapunzel, Mother Gothel and Flynn are expected to start making appearances in the Magic Kingdom in October.
- Phineas and Ferb have already made appearances in the Christmas Parade, a Disney 365 spot, and at the WDW Marathon, so when are they going to be available in the parks? Not this fiscal year. Disney has recognized the demand for these popular boys, but do not expect to see them until FY2011.
- Perry the Platypus and Agent Oso have popped up as characters, but no sign at WDW.
- Mickey and Minnie are moving to Exposition Hall once Toontown closes (announced for spring 2011). No word on if this will become their permanent greeting location, but most indicators point to yes.
- Princesses are moving to Exposition Hall as well. Once the Fantasyland Forest is complete, the princesses and fairies will move to their appropriate locations.
- Ariel is appearing in the Adventureland Veranda with Prince Eric. Once the Fantasyland Forest is complete, Ariel will move to her new grotto.
- Pooh and Tigger are moving to Town Square. No final word on if the new Fantasyland Forest will include the 100 Acre Woods.
- Fairies are moving somewhere once Toontown closes, possibly a different park. They will probably not fit in Expo hall as initially announced, more information to come.
Shows and Parades:
- Disney’s Electrical Parade (DEP) has returned to the Magic Kingdom, the currect expected end date is August 14th.
- The Hoedown has transformed into a Flash Mob in Frontierland! This change occurred on February 26th.
- The Pirate Tutorial is performing on a new stage in Adventureland! The stage was tested in summer 2009, but has become permanent as of January 5th.
- Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee was discontinued after January 3rd with little momentum to support a possible return.
- Totally Tomorrowland Christmas was considered a success in 2009 so there is a strong indication it will be back in 2010!
Word is that Disney is working on a “Wizard of Oz” prequel movie and that the studio is hoping that either Johnny Depp or Robert Downey, Jr. will agree to play the Wizard character.
While nothing is finalized yet, rumor has it that Disney has its eye on Baz Luhrmann for director.
This sounds exciting! Who do you think should play some of the other important roles in the film?