It’s that time a year. Are Walt Disney World ticket pricing increases coming soon? Prices are expected to rise for a 1 day ticket from $85.00 +tax to $89.00 +tax .. Remember you can always get discounted tickets at Undercover Tourist. If you have a trip planned you can purchase your tickets now and save money. Click Here to go to UnderCovertourist.com
Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort has ten main attractions. Cinderella Castle contains a mosaic depicting the story of Cinderella, and features Cinderella’s Royal Table restaurant.
The land is currently undergoing a large expansion and renovation. “The New Fantasyland” will be constructed in phases with most new experiences open by Fall of 2012. Below we have scoured the web for some great videos of how the project looks today. Click To Continue
Guests visiting Magic Kingdom Park tonight are in for a real Halloween treat. For the first time in the park’s history, Mickey will be talking with guests and testing some new tricks backstage at Town Square Theater.
Confirmed Character Changes:
- DAK’s Good Times Gathering Spot is home to an interactive character experience this summer; June 13th-August 7th, 10:00a-3:00p daily.
- Power Rangers are leaving DHS on August 8th.
- Vidia is going to start making appearances at Pixie Hollow in August.
- Duffy the Disney Bear is going to start making appearances at Epcot in September.
Rumored Character Changes:
- Rapunzel, Mother Gothel and Flynn are expected to start making appearances in the Magic Kingdom in October.
- Phineas and Ferb have already made appearances in the Christmas Parade, a Disney 365 spot, and at the WDW Marathon, so when are they going to be available in the parks? Not this fiscal year. Disney has recognized the demand for these popular boys, but do not expect to see them until FY2011.
- Perry the Platypus and Agent Oso have popped up as characters, but no sign at WDW.
- Mickey and Minnie are moving to Exposition Hall once Toontown closes (announced for spring 2011). No word on if this will become their permanent greeting location, but most indicators point to yes.
- Princesses are moving to Exposition Hall as well. Once the Fantasyland Forest is complete, the princesses and fairies will move to their appropriate locations.
- Ariel is appearing in the Adventureland Veranda with Prince Eric. Once the Fantasyland Forest is complete, Ariel will move to her new grotto.
- Pooh and Tigger are moving to Town Square. No final word on if the new Fantasyland Forest will include the 100 Acre Woods.
- Fairies are moving somewhere once Toontown closes, possibly a different park. They will probably not fit in Expo hall as initially announced, more information to come.
Shows and Parades:
- Disney’s Electrical Parade (DEP) has returned to the Magic Kingdom, the currect expected end date is August 14th.
- The Hoedown has transformed into a Flash Mob in Frontierland! This change occurred on February 26th.
- The Pirate Tutorial is performing on a new stage in Adventureland! The stage was tested in summer 2009, but has become permanent as of January 5th.
- Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee was discontinued after January 3rd with little momentum to support a possible return.
- Totally Tomorrowland Christmas was considered a success in 2009 so there is a strong indication it will be back in 2010!
Ever wonder what it would be like to spend the night in the super-exclusive Cinderella Castle Suite in the middle of Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom? For one thing, it’s by invitation only; there is no price tag for guests who wish to reserve the suite.
During 2007 and 2008, lucky guests were chosen randomly just about every day from the Disney theme parks to stay in the suite as part of the Year of A Million Dreams campaign. Since then, recipients mostly have been winners of charity auctions and various contests or specially chosen guests.
Here is one of those opportunities: a contest sponsored by Liberty Travel that you can easily enter with a grand prize that features a one-night stay on Sept. 10 in the suite for four people. The prize also includes three additional nights at a Disney World hotel, breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table the morning after the winner’s stay, four three-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option and a $500 Disney gift card. Airfare is not included.
Deadline to enter is Friday, June 25. One entry per household is allowed; click here to enter.