This Hidden Mickey is only in the late afternoon at the Outpost in the World Showcase. It is formed by the shadows from the table and chairs.
HOT HOT HOT
Summer is here and if you are at any of the Walt Disney World theme parks you know what HOT is. While a Disney vacation is a special one, visiting central Florida in the hottest part of summer will require some planning if you want this to be a magical vacation… and not a miserable one. We have 10 tips to help you to beat the heat.
I love Disney World at any time of the year, but being at the parks when the heat index is close to 100 is a bit too hot for me.
So then, in order to keep our cool, here are some of our family’s favorite heat-coping strategies: Click To Continue
Confirmed Character Changes:
- DAK’s Good Times Gathering Spot is home to an interactive character experience this summer; June 13th-August 7th, 10:00a-3:00p daily.
- Power Rangers are leaving DHS on August 8th.
- Vidia is going to start making appearances at Pixie Hollow in August.
- Duffy the Disney Bear is going to start making appearances at Epcot in September.
Rumored Character Changes:
- Rapunzel, Mother Gothel and Flynn are expected to start making appearances in the Magic Kingdom in October.
- Phineas and Ferb have already made appearances in the Christmas Parade, a Disney 365 spot, and at the WDW Marathon, so when are they going to be available in the parks? Not this fiscal year. Disney has recognized the demand for these popular boys, but do not expect to see them until FY2011.
- Perry the Platypus and Agent Oso have popped up as characters, but no sign at WDW.
- Mickey and Minnie are moving to Exposition Hall once Toontown closes (announced for spring 2011). No word on if this will become their permanent greeting location, but most indicators point to yes.
- Princesses are moving to Exposition Hall as well. Once the Fantasyland Forest is complete, the princesses and fairies will move to their appropriate locations.
- Ariel is appearing in the Adventureland Veranda with Prince Eric. Once the Fantasyland Forest is complete, Ariel will move to her new grotto.
- Pooh and Tigger are moving to Town Square. No final word on if the new Fantasyland Forest will include the 100 Acre Woods.
- Fairies are moving somewhere once Toontown closes, possibly a different park. They will probably not fit in Expo hall as initially announced, more information to come.
Shows and Parades:
- Disney’s Electrical Parade (DEP) has returned to the Magic Kingdom, the currect expected end date is August 14th.
- The Hoedown has transformed into a Flash Mob in Frontierland! This change occurred on February 26th.
- The Pirate Tutorial is performing on a new stage in Adventureland! The stage was tested in summer 2009, but has become permanent as of January 5th.
- Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee was discontinued after January 3rd with little momentum to support a possible return.
- Totally Tomorrowland Christmas was considered a success in 2009 so there is a strong indication it will be back in 2010!
If you haven’t been to the Magic Kingdom lately and wanted to know how the expansion was going, below is a video update.
Fast Tube by Casper
Ever wonder what it would be like to spend the night in the super-exclusive Cinderella Castle Suite in the middle of Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom? For one thing, it’s by invitation only; there is no price tag for guests who wish to reserve the suite.
During 2007 and 2008, lucky guests were chosen randomly just about every day from the Disney theme parks to stay in the suite as part of the Year of A Million Dreams campaign. Since then, recipients mostly have been winners of charity auctions and various contests or specially chosen guests.
Here is one of those opportunities: a contest sponsored by Liberty Travel that you can easily enter with a grand prize that features a one-night stay on Sept. 10 in the suite for four people. The prize also includes three additional nights at a Disney World hotel, breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table the morning after the winner’s stay, four three-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option and a $500 Disney gift card. Airfare is not included.
Deadline to enter is Friday, June 25. One entry per household is allowed; click here to enter.