Confirmed Character Changes:
- DAK’s Good Times Gathering Spot is home to an interactive character experience this summer; June 13th-August 7th, 10:00a-3:00p daily.
- Power Rangers are leaving DHS on August 8th.
- Vidia is going to start making appearances at Pixie Hollow in August.
- Duffy the Disney Bear is going to start making appearances at Epcot in September.
Rumored Character Changes:
- Rapunzel, Mother Gothel and Flynn are expected to start making appearances in the Magic Kingdom in October.
- Phineas and Ferb have already made appearances in the Christmas Parade, a Disney 365 spot, and at the WDW Marathon, so when are they going to be available in the parks? Not this fiscal year. Disney has recognized the demand for these popular boys, but do not expect to see them until FY2011.
- Perry the Platypus and Agent Oso have popped up as characters, but no sign at WDW.
- Mickey and Minnie are moving to Exposition Hall once Toontown closes (announced for spring 2011). No word on if this will become their permanent greeting location, but most indicators point to yes.
- Princesses are moving to Exposition Hall as well. Once the Fantasyland Forest is complete, the princesses and fairies will move to their appropriate locations.
- Ariel is appearing in the Adventureland Veranda with Prince Eric. Once the Fantasyland Forest is complete, Ariel will move to her new grotto.
- Pooh and Tigger are moving to Town Square. No final word on if the new Fantasyland Forest will include the 100 Acre Woods.
- Fairies are moving somewhere once Toontown closes, possibly a different park. They will probably not fit in Expo hall as initially announced, more information to come.
Shows and Parades:
- Disney’s Electrical Parade (DEP) has returned to the Magic Kingdom, the currect expected end date is August 14th.
- The Hoedown has transformed into a Flash Mob in Frontierland! This change occurred on February 26th.
- The Pirate Tutorial is performing on a new stage in Adventureland! The stage was tested in summer 2009, but has become permanent as of January 5th.
- Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee was discontinued after January 3rd with little momentum to support a possible return.
- Totally Tomorrowland Christmas was considered a success in 2009 so there is a strong indication it will be back in 2010!
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) today unveiled a first look at its unprecedented fall line-up of TRON: Legacy inspired electronics and toys (#TronMerch), including the first-ever action figures to feature impulse light projection technology.
Also unveiled were high-end lifestyle headphones and advanced computer peripherals for gaming enthusiasts, illuminated iPod® docks, high-quality ear buds and iPhone® cases; and break-through zero-gravity vehicles that travel up and down walls. Walt Disney Picture’s TRON: Legacy, starring Academy® Award winning actor Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde, will take audiences on a thrilling action-packed adventure in a unique virtual world when it hits theaters Dec. 17, 2010 in Disney Digital 3D(TM) and IMAX® 3D.
Check out this video
D23Magic Click To Continue
Hidden Mickey’s aren’t just in Walt Disney Parks.. They are hidden throughout Disney movies too. There are 2 “The Princess And The Frog” posters, and they both have hidden Mickey’s.
Poster 1; if you look at the circles carefully, you will see Mickey’s head.
Poster 2; look at the water, the lily plants on the water are shaped like 2 Mickey heads.
- The Princess And The Frog – Poster 1
- The Princess And The Frog – Poster 1 – MOUSEovers
- The Princess And The Frog – Poster 2
- The Princess And The Frog – Poster 2 – MOUSEovers
Disney’s Polynesian Resort is situated on the southern shore of the man-made Seven Seas Lagoon, south of the Magic Kingdom and adjacent to other Walt Disney World complexes, with the Transportation and Ticket Center to the east and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa to the west. The resort is on the Magic Kingdom monorail loop, providing transportation to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot (via transfer), and is part of the route for Disney’s Magic Kingdom Resorts Water Launch service. Other Walt Disney World Resort theme parks and attractions are served by Disney Transport buses.
- Opening Date: October 1, 1971
- Resort Area: Magic Kingdom
- Resort Category: Deluxe
- Address: 1600 Seven Seas Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000
- Phone: (407) 824-2000
- Fax: (407) 824-3174
Did you ever want to talk to Mickey?
Disney revealed today that it is testing a new and improved Mickey Mouse: One that actually talks with guests.
Disney says it is currently “playtesting” the technology – which gives Mickey a moving mouth and the ability to interact in real-time with children – in California, but the video already has fans buzzing about whether Disney will eventually expand the concept to other parks and other costumed characters. It’s possible that the concept is part of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts’ broad “next generation experience” technology initiative, a hush-hush project that former Disney execs say has a budget of close to $1.5 billion.