|Magic Kingdom Lands|
Main Street USA |
Mickey's Toontown Fair
Frontierland | Tomorrowland | Liberty Square
The second Tomorrowland opened on October 1, 1971 at the Magic Kingdom in the Walt Disney World Resort, Florida, and, like at Disneyland, was opened unfinished. But by 1975, the entire land was completed, and much more closely resembled Walt Disney’s vision for Tomorrowland. Some of the most popular Disney park attractions premiered here, such as Space Mountain, which opened in 1975 and is now part of every Tomorrowland around the world.
Some classic Tomorrowland attractions that have closed in Disneyland still live on at the Magic Kingdom Park include the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (similar to the PeopleMover) and the Carousel of Progress, which was moved from Disneyland to Walt Disney World in 1975. Walt Disney’s model display of the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow is also used as a display visible only from the Tomorrowland Transit Authority.
For most of its history, Tomorrowland’s color scheme was predominantly white with soft blues, creating a retro-modernist landscape. Huge monolithic towers, spires, and clean lines completed the futuristic look. In 1994, using inspiration from Discoveryland at Disneyland Paris, Tomorrowland was completely re-built and altered to resemble a galactic spaceport as it would have been envisioned by the science-fiction comic strips of the early 20th century, like Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers. Tomorrowland has since been given a much more metallic look, along with new darker blues and purples, especially along its main concourse leading from the central hub.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Stitch’s Great Escape!
- Astro Orbiter (Star Jets from 1975-1994)
- Tomorrowland Speedway (Grand Prix Raceway from 1971-1994) (also known as Tomorrowland Indy Speedway)
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority (WEDway PeopleMover from 1975-1994)
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Tomorrowland Light and Power Company Arcade
- Tomorrowland Terrace (formerly Plaza Pavilion)
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (formerly Tomorrowland Terrace)
- Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- The Lunching Pad at Rockettower Plaza
- The Merchant of Venus
- Mickey’s Star Traders (formerly Mickey’s Mart)